Critical Reflection

At the start of the module, I wrote an introductory letter to Professor Blackstone mentioning two goals I had set for myself. The two goals were to improve on communicating more effectively with others and to be more confident in speaking publicly. I recall how shy and reserved I was in class, even having difficulty talking to my peers. But throughout the module, Professor Blackstone grouped us into a few different teams for tasks, assignments, and projects. Grouping with different people allowed me to communicate more with my classmates and grow a bond with them.

During the second half of the module, we had to complete an applied learning project which consisted of both a report and a presentation. We spent a huge amount of time on the project and came across a few obstacles such as coming up with a suitable proposal idea. Despite the obstacles faced, my group worked effectively together. I would like to express my appreciation to my groupmates. 

Along the way of doing up our report and presentation, we had to do pitches to our groupmates and the whole class. As I was the speaker of my team, it pushed me to present and I got more confident as time went by. However, I believe I still need to improve my confidence in random presentations. Overall, I gained a lot of skills during this process such as using "ideal, gap, and goal" to start writing a compelling report and projecting your voice with the correct tone to deliver a powerful presentation.  

Before ending this blog post, I would like to thank Professor Blackstone for all the help, guidance, and encouragement you have given me and the class. I will continue applying all I have learned in this module during my remaining time in SIT and in my future. 

Comments

Popular Posts